This will be using an MBO tied to the ‘Employee’ table in the sample database (sampledb) in SUP to help retain familiarity with the other SUP samples.
Sample Application Overview:
The application has the ability to:
- List all employees, then get the details for any employee record.
- Find and display a single employee record (using the MBO object query ‘findByPrimaryKey’).
- Create a new employee record.
- Delete any employee record.
- Update an employee record.
List & Update Employees
This uses the MBO object query “employee_findAll” to retrieve the data from the server. This then displays select details in an overview list. The user can then tap a specific employee to open a more detailed view with the option to either delete or update the record. These screen images are snapped from my Android emulator – running the SUP 2.2 Hybrid Web Container talking to my SUP server.
Create an Employee
Creating an employee uses a slightly different UI approach to further show the non-traditional formats which are available in UI5. The approach here is to use the UI5 “input list”, which allows direct editing in the list control itself.
This picture shows the record with some fields filled in.